Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A couple of new listings on Etsy

Top O'the morning to you!
I have listed a few new items in my Etsy shop

Here is a small Canvasback Duck decoy I created because of my husbands love for decoys. They are so simple and have nice lines and curves; an elegance.




This Canadian Goose I created last November for craft shows. He's been living on my hutch and really likes it there but, like all migrating geese, he is feeling the urge to move on!




Here is a not so new listing but I didn't have it on my blog when I listed it. And it fits right in with today's bird theme! Mallard Duck camo ornie! I found this awesome over dyed wool called Jungle. It makes great camo. Isn't this ornie perfect for a cabin Christmas tree! Its perfect for ANY Christmas tree! Its really lightweight so it won't weigh down your branches. (Still I wish I had a cabin to hang this in!)



Next up: A new Roundie Owl. Roundies are a concept my owl loving daughter came up with and, hey, who am I to stifle creativity! We start with her choosing colors and moods and end with me making them. Its good teamwork! New listing today is for the grumpy purple guy that's stuck in the middle there. I listed the pink one a few weeks ago and the dark blue dude is coming soon. Adopt one today!

That's it for new listings so how bout a looksie at what I'm working on now? OK here it is. Oh I'm so excited!




I love him so much!! I've been working on him since the spring. Putting little touches here and there. He sits in a special place with a nice green inchworm (a proper lady wearing a bonnet) to keep him company. When I get inspired I pick him up and add a lil something or other to him. At this point I'm trying to decide between nest or legs? I'm leaning toward nest with some babies peeking out. I dunno what do you think?

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the ducks :-) Do male Robins sit on the nest? I think they do. I know our blue bird mates take turns. I would like to see him standing on the side of the nest with the inch worm in his beak feeding baby Robin Redbreasts. How 'bout that?
xoxo~Carol

Ashley said...

Thanks Carol! Male Robins do take part in the feeding! (I know because we just finished a birdwatching unit study this past spring.)
Love that idea! I have him resting on a shelf next to a charming little ceramic inchworm wearing a smile and a bonnet. I keep picturing that poor lil worms expression at the thought of being fed to the babies. LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...