Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone! 

The children and I baked cookies all day yesterday! Gingerbread, peanut butter blossoms and Chocolate Chip! Yum. 

We would have had more as I had planned to bake all day Saturday. Well the best laid plans yada yada yada. 
I put in the first batch of PB Blossoms and as I did a stinkbug flew in, unbeknownst to me of course. 3 minutes later and the house stunk to high heaven. Chocolate, peanut butter and stinkbug spray DO NOT MIX WELL. Yes, I swear I almost turned inside out. I tossed that first batch of stinkbug infused cookies and had to put the oven on clean mode. It was like 35 degrees outside but I had the front door, sliding glass doors and kitchen windows open and I still couldn't stomach the smell. 

 I am now waging a personal war on stinkbugs. 

On a happier note, it has decided to snow just a lil bit today. The kids are so happy! Snow for Christmas on  the Eastern Shore of Maryland is rare. 

Merry Christmas to all and may God bless you! 
May your Christmas Pudding turn out as well as Mrs. Cratchetts!
P.S. My shop is on vacation until mid January.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Merry Christmas Ashley!!
Would love for you to come to my house and make cookies...I burnt everything I touched this year!
Enjoy,
Barb

Firecracker Kid said...

A stink bug?! Guess he was too cold outside and maybe hungry for cookies. Haha! Although, I'm sorry you had to throw out the batch, it sure is a cute Christmas story. You sure had to work hard to get the cookies baked :)

Hugs~Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...